Dragon Warrior Legends Prologue He opened his eyes suddenly as a shouting crowd passed by his hut. Kristolf looked at his mother who was still asleep, even after all that racket. Kris stretched as he pulled off his covers. The sun was just starting to peek through the open cracks where the straw of his hut didn't cover. Standing up, he felt the weak sensation in his legs of waking up while he pushed away the cloth hanging over the door. He blinked his eyes several times seeing the last of the herd of people fly by. "It can't be!" Kris thought. He ran back to his bed, picked up the rest of this clothes and scrambled out of the hut. Kris was putting all his effort to keep up with the bunch. Suddenly the crowd stopped, and so did Kris. Noticing that everyone was looking towards the sky, he took a peek. "'Tis here!" Kristolf heard one of the crowd's people calling out. Kris studied the sky a little more. Lightning struck and thunder sounded! Kris jumped with fear! Closing his eyes, he kneeled down on the ground and covered his head with his arms. Kris regained his courage and slowly stoodup. To his amazement, when he looked up, the sky was clear with no clouds in site. He looked around, no one was there. He took a step when he tripped on something. He slowly stood up and stared at the object that tripped him. It was a body of one of persons in the crowd. "Oh my god!" Kris gasped in horror seeing every one who was in that huge crowd laying dead on the ground. Kris stayed motionless for a couple seconds. He ran back to his hut as fast as he could. Tears of horror started to pour from his eyes. Flinging away the cloths of his door he shook his mother to tell her of the disaster. No answer. "Mom?" He shook her again. More tears fell from his eyes on to his face. He sat down in a corner and put his head on his knees. Knowing that no one would hear him, he burst out sobbing from seeing the lifeless corpse of his only living relative. Kristolf was now an orphan.