The Dragon's Ire:Proluge By ebowling@compusmart.ab.ca The tales of the horrific vengence of the dragonlord had long been forgotten, save in Aelfgard, who refused to speak of it. The great walls of the towns Kol, Rimuldar, Garinham and Catlin had been re-erected with the aide of the Burlandian government. Great galleys traversed the wide seas between Osterfair and Stancia. Literature was traded, legends passed nations, the underworld was a booming paradise. The horrific beasts once refered to as "monsters" had long since been accepted. Traders went from town to town, trading with the inhabbitants. Lying with the cats were cuddly slimes, fighting with the soldiers were powerful BulWogs.. Sadly, while most of the world stood in paradise, some of it was still in ruin. Aktemto was still a burning wasteland, and people still dwelt there.. if you could call them people. Those few that had left the town so long ago carried such disease that the Keeleon government erected a wall and constant sentry to keep the inhabitants from polluting the world. Thus, the people there lived and endured. Due to a rather digustingly large amount of inbreeding to survive, along with many unholy alliances with the remaining minions of Esturk, the people of Aktemto have developed into a savage race, bearing features of both monster and man. HOWEVER, the disease that once ran wild in the townskirts has long since been erradicated, and some paticularly gifted members of this new race of people have eluded the guards, and have done quite well for themselves in the outside world. Those not so lucky, however, have long since despised the outer peoples who abandoned them so long ago... Elsewhere, there is much dismay as to what has become of Erdrick's blood line. Many believe their royal families to be direct decendants, but many-a-violant debate has been sparked as to where the blood line has been stamped out due to political wars. While this is argued, foolhardy warriors seeking to earn their place in history beside their legendary hero by entering the otherwise shunned fortress of Charlock, where by legend the dragons still lie. It was long ago said that the dragonlord ended all grudges with the line of Erdrick, but none are to be sure. Many fear these warriors will eventually annoy the dragons into war, and many of those fears are justified. But the legends of Erdrick never told of his origins, and people are reluctant to realize that the true threat is from above, not from the abyss below the walls of Charlock... -- The eternal lord of darkness.....