Emblem of Roto "Kadalu's Past" By Shamus Kelley "Now where is that shield?" Kira said as he looked around. "Look Kira it's not that easy. Roto hid his weapons very well," Arus said. "Then wouldn't mister I know everything, know," Kira said looking at Kadalu. "Roto hid his items very well by himself," Kadalu said. "Oh," Kira said. "So where should we start looking?" Lunafura asked Kadalu. "Well we should head towards the castle of Astaa. They might have some information on the shield," Arus said. "Yeah," Kadalu said. "I must stop them from finding the shield," Dragon King said in his fortress. "And I know the perfect monster to do it, Chopclown," Dragon King yelled as a Chopclown appered which looked like a clown except it had two sharp swords. "Attack them," Dragon King yelled. "Yes master," it said as it left the room. "Everything is going as planned Dragon King," a voice said in the darkness. "Yes, Master," Dragon King, said. "Uggh," Lunafura yelled as the group was walking on a dirt road. "You know I didn't think it would be this hard," Lunafura yelled. "Calm down," Kira said as he patted Lunafura's shoulder. "Well guys just to let you know there's a town right over there," Kadalu said as he pointed at the town. "Yeah!" Lunafura yelled. They all then ran into the town and stopped. "Well this interesting," Arus said. "Well guys I'm going to buy a few things," Lunafura said as she started to walk away. "Oh no you don't," Kira said as he ran in front of Lunafura. "Why not?" Lunafura asked. "Last time you went to "buy a few things" you spent all of our money," Kira yelled. "Oh," Lunafura said. "Look guys we should just get what we need and leave," Kadalu said. "Why?" Arus asked. "Kadalu is that you?!" a voice said from behind Kadalu. "Oh no," Kadalu said. "Come on Kadalu is that anyway to talk to your father," the man said. "His father!!!" Arus, Kira, and Kadalu yelled. Later the group was in Kadalu's father's house. "Kadalu you worried me when you left," Kadalu's father said. "Sorry Dad, but when I heard Roto's descendent was in the area I just had to travel with him. It would be like traveling with Roto himself," Kadalu said. "Look son, I know you always loved the stories I told of Roto but-," Kadalu's father began to say. "Wait," Arus yelled making everyone fall over. "I thought Kadalu was the one who traveled with Roto," Arus said. "Yeah," Kira said. "Well he lied. I was the one who traveled with Roto and I am the one who is a hundred years old," Kadalu's father said. "Then how old is Kadalu?" Lunafura asked. "He is ten years old," Kadalu's father said. "You lied to us!" Arus, Kira, and Lunafura yelled. "Yeah, I did. But I only did it so you guys would treat me well," Kadalu said. "Kadalu we would not have treated you any differently," Arus said. "Yeah we would have," Kira said holding up a finger. "Shut up," Lunafura said covering his mouth. "Look, Kadalu was just trying to help us," Arus said. "Yes but that is no excuse," Kadalu's father said. "But-," Kadalu began to say. "No, Kadalu you must stay here," Kadalu's father said. Kadalu then ran out the room crying. "Should we go after him?" Kira said. "No," Arus said. "I can't believe it," Kadalu said as lat on a log in the forest. "I helped Arus a bunch of times but no. My dad as to keep me here," Kadalu said as he looked at a tree. Flashback: Kadalu was practicing spells when his dad came in. "You're doing a great job," Kadalu's father said. "Dad can I be a sage?" Kadalu asked. "One day," he said. "Dad, I've heard that Roto's descendent is somewhere in the area, can I find him?" Kadalu asked his father. "No son, you can't," he said. "No!!!" Kadalu yelled as he ran out of the house. "He'll be back," Kadalu's father said. End Flashback. "Oh so sad," a voice said. "What?!" Kadalu said as he whirled around. In front of him there was a Chopclown. "What do you want?" Kadalu said. "To stop you," the Chopclown yelled as it ran at Kadalu with both of its swords out. The Chopclown then cut off part of Kadalu's hair making it shorter. "Oh no you didn't!!!" Kadalu yelled as he held out his hand. Then without knowing it Kadalu's father walked up and hid behind a tree. "Firebane!!" Kadalu yelled as he shot a stream of fire at the Chopclown. "That's not enough, weakling," the Chopclown yelled. "Fireslash," the Chopclown yelled as its swords turned red. The Chopclown then ran at Kadalu swords raised. "Stopspell," Kadalu yelled as shot a strange beam at the Chopclown. Then the Chopclown's sword turned back into a regular sword. He then tried to hit Kadalu but he dodged it very easily. "He is awesome," Kadalu's father said from behind the tree. "Snow storm," Kadalu yelled as he raised his hands and snow came out. The Chopclown was then hit by the snow and was destroyed. "Yes," Kadalu yelled as he jumped up and smiled. "Good work," Kadalu's father said as he came out from behind the tree. "Dad I-," Kadalu began to say. "I was wrong, you have learned much and gained much. So go off and help Arus," he said. "I will, dad," Kadalu said as he hugged his dad. Later the group was waving to Kadalu's dad as they left the town. "Good luck," Kadalu's dad yelled. "So Kadalu were to now," Arus said. "Well with my knowledge of Roto that came from my dad I say we should still head towards the castle of Astaa," Kadalu said. "All right," Kira said. "Yeah," Kadalu said looking at the setting sun. On top of a peak a person was looking at the setting sun also. "I will find it," he said. To be continued...